Who You Are:
- Are you an entrepreneurial thinker who drives results with excellence?
- Are you an adaptable communicator who builds strong relationships with diverse audiences?
- Do you cast a big vision without missing the details?
- Are you not afraid of selling ideas and opportunities to people?
- Are you a self-starter who produces great work within a flexible environment?
- Do you believe the Church is a force for hope and good in every community?
- If you answered yes to these questions, then we may have a job for you!
Who We Are:
FlourishNow is a creative non-profit which empowers the local church to address the root causes of diminished dignity and the breakdown of families and communities. We provide families with supportive relationships, access to mentorship and job opportunities, and the encouragement to believe that transformation is possible.
We are a growing organization with an existing operation in Southwest, Florida, including Charlotte, Collier, Lee, Hendry and Glades County. Our Southwest Florida site, which has been open for three years, currently operates a work and family’s ministry which has already served thousands of individuals in need of encouragement, support, and employment. Our new Southwest Florida Director will expand this effort, through hosting job fairs, overseeing and expanding our foster care prevention program which works in close collaboration with the child welfare system and other key community and church partners.
Success will require significant collaboration with churches, other non-profit organizations, the local business community, and donors.
Specifically, the role will encompass the following roles and expectations:
- Relationship building – The Southwest Florida Director will spend a majority of his or her time engaging with churches, partner organizations, volunteers, child welfare workers, host families, business partners, and other stakeholders throughout the city. He or she must be able to create fast and natural rapport with any audience and to build strong and trusting relationships that lead to long-term collaboration. This individual must lead with empathy and establish trust.
- Strategic planning and vision casting – A successful Southwest Florida Director casts a vision for his or her city, and the surrounding area, that is inspiring as well as attainable. This role is a unique mixture of high-level strategy and on the ground planning to make big goals a reality and to be accountable to results. A successful candidate will have a history of driving results, achieving big objectives, and setting an inspiring “finish line” for others to pursue.
- Administration and stewardship – We work alongside private donors and foundations who give their time, talents, and resources to support our work. Leaders within our organization are expected to steward those entrusted resources with excellence, integrity, and accuracy. The Southwest Florida Director will make responsible decisions regarding budgets, finances, and expenses. While this is often a big-picture role, there are essential administrative functions which ensure success.
- Donor cultivation – The Southwest Florida Director will work with the national team and local allies to identify and cultivate donors who can take part in the expansion of our presence and activities in Southwest, Florida. He or she will possess, or be willing to gain, skills in fundraising to achieve goals for revenue and donor partnerships.
- Business development – FlourishNow’s work ministry is moving toward becoming self-sufficient, supported by revenue-generating activities. The Southwest Florida Director will innovate on ways to build value-creating partnerships with businesses in Southwest, Florida to support job fairs and other employment-based offerings for the local church.
- Volunteer recruitment and management – The Southwest Florida Director will rely on volunteers to execute every program in his or her portfolio; success depends on his or her ability to identify and inspire volunteers to engage our mission. Many of our volunteers come from church partners, making church relationships a vital way to identify and retain host families, job coaches, life coaches, and other key positions to program execution.
- Team leadership – The Southwest Florida Director will be stewards of our current Southwest, Florida talent with the goal of developing a high-performing team of leaders that consistently achieve ambitious results in accordance with our vision and strategic plan. He or she, with support from our national team, will continue to raise funds to add additional staff and expand programs in Southwest, Florida. The Southwest Florida Director will identify and hire those additional staff members, as well as lead them consistent with our culture. We believe authority lives with information and strive for our supervisors to coach more than manage their employees.
Essential Skills and Values
The Southwest Florida Director should have a track record demonstrating the following essential skills:
- Leading and developing a team of “A-level” players who consistently achieve big goals
- Effective organization and planning to achieve high-level execution of a bold vision
- Strategy development
- Innovative thinking and adaptability
- Humility in leadership and service to the team
- Generous with their time and talents
- Open, respectful communication
- Building strategic relationships and networks that advance the overall vision
Big Goals and Vision
Since 2015 we have served almost 3,000 Job Seekers in Southwest, Florida with 55% obtaining work and over 1,000 children through our foster care prevention program. In 2019, we have a targeted goal to help 2,500 Job Seekers and 500 children through our foster care prevention program. He or she, with support from our national team, will also raise an additional three hundred thousand dollars in funding.
Education, Experiences and Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s preferred
- Minimum five (3) years’ experience working directly with children and families
- Experience working with Churches and collaborating with Community Partners
- Facilitation skills in adult learning preferred
- Some travel required
- Child Welfare Certification preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Application and Salesforce
Timing, Location, and Compensation
FlourishNow is seeking to fill the role of Southwest Florida Director Position by November 1st, 2018. The Southwest Florida Director will work from a home office and collaborate regularly with FlourishNow leadership and other staff via email, phone, and video conference. This position will require moderate travel. FlourishNow offers a competitive benefits package that includes a health benefit and a very generous paid leave policy.